~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Monday, July 9, 2012

This is the Father's Day card I gave to my dad this year.  Again, I found this idea in cyber world on Dawn Olchefske's site.  I loved the idea of creating a porthole.  My card turned out very different from hers, as I used the new Comfort Cafe DSP, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White and Midnight Muse cardstock.  The stamp sets were The Open Sea and Delightful Dozen. 

This was a very fun technique, using scraps of rubber to create a mosaic design that was stamped over the ship image with VersaMark, then embossed with clear embossing powder.  The next step to creating the cracked glass look was to rub Crumb Cake ink into the cracks with a sponge.  A little creative layering and ta da -- a porthole!  Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine adds a great finishing touch.

No comments :

Post a Comment