~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Friday, August 16, 2013

Chevron Invitation

This is a simple invitation made with the new Chevron Punch and Venetian Romance DSP.  It needs a bit of bling to spice it up, but I wanted to share the simple idea with the Chevron.  I punched the Chevron shape with the new punch on the Very Vanilla paper, then stamped it with Gorgeous Grunge.  I added the sentiment from Christmas Messages in the new Holiday Catalog on an angle at the bottom.  (Think outside the box--it's not just for Christmas!)  Then I punched the Chevron shape out in Calypso Coral paper and adhered them in between the negative image chevron.  Simply adhering the decorated Very Vanilla piece to some Venetian Romance DSP and then to the card base made it simple.  I really think it could use some bling from the Frosted Finishes Embellishments in the Holiday Catalog--perhaps in the bottom right corner.  I would have added it originally, but I wanted to keep it simple and flat for easy mailing.  I also wanted to feature the Chevron as the main focus of the invitation.

To make the chevron point at the bottom of the paper, I used the Diagonal Scoring Plate and the Simply Scored Scoring Tool to draw where the cut needed to be so it would be even.  Then I just placed the score line on the track in my Stampin' Trimmer and gave it a quick slice.  Worked every time!

Supplies
Paper:  Isand Indigo, Very Vanilla, Calypso Coral, Venetian Romance Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Island Indigo, Calypso Coral
Stamps:  Christmas Messages p.34 Holiday Catalog  (131790 wood, 131793 clear), Gorgeous Grunge (130514 wood, 130517 clear)
Other:  Simply Scored with Diagonal Plate (122334 and 125586), Stampin' Trimmer (129407), Chevron Border Punch p. 23 Holiday Catalog (132154)

No comments :

Post a Comment