~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gorgeous Grunge Birthday

Here is a fun card using the Gorgeous Grunge stamp set and a bit of the new Season of Style Washi Tape.  This is a great way to utilize a holiday product for everyday cards.  I really enjoyed playing with the new Gorgeous Grunge stamp set in this card.  It made me feel so very creative!  To color the White Baker's Twine, I pressed it into a Coastal Cabana stamp pad with a Stampin' Sponge.


Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge (130514 wood, 130517 clear); Tag It (130300 wood, 130303 clear), Hello Lovely (130240 wood, 130243 clear), gifts of Kindness (130441 wood, 130444 clear)
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Summer Starfruit, Coastal Cabana
Paper:  Crisp Canteloupe, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Silver Glimmer Paper
Embellishment:  Whisper White Baker's Twine (124262)
Cutting Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer (126889), Chalk Talk Framelits (129983), Paper Snips (103579)
Other:  Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683), Season of Style Washi Tape (132155 Holiday Seasonal Catalog), Stampin' Sponge (101610)

 I did another version of this card angling the little arrow and like that much better.  I also used Coastal Cabana Core'dinations paper for the arrow and sanded it to give it a softer appearance--LOVED that look.  (I didn't have the Core'dinations paper when I made the first one.)  And I added a Very Vintage Designer Button that I threaded the Baker's Twine through.  Since I got a smudge of ink on the button, I found it made an interesting color to just dab my sponge with Coastal Cabana ink onto the button.  Please leave me a comment and let me know which one you like better.

No comments :

Post a Comment