~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thankful For You!


Doesn't this look fun!  I made all these sweet little bags filled with chocolates for all my friends and family for Thanksgiving.  Customers who attended November Stamp Clubs also received them.  I am so thankful for the wonderful people in my life!  The bags are sitting in a little fall basket I have and overflowing onto the table.  There are 36 bags shown here!  I CASED this idea from an image I found on someone's blog--I just don't remember her name.  Sorry!

The bags were fairly easy to assemble.  I used the stencil from the Build a Banner Simply Created Kit to make the dots on the bottom of the Mini Muslin Bags and Sweater Weather DSP for the big leaf.  The sentiment is from the hostess set, Banner Greetings.  Different embellishments were used to accent the leaves.  As I ran out of one embellishment, I switched to another.  Sometimes you just have to be resourceful with the supplies you have on hand!

For the ones using the Naturals Designer Buttons, I used a tiny safety pin from Vintage Trinkets to attach the leaves to the bag.  Others were attached using Antique Brads or Pumpkin Pie Glimmer Brads, poking the brad through the bag and opening the prongs inside the bag.

It was so much fun paper piercing the small Cajun Craze leaf and stitching Linen Thread through the holes to create veins in the leaf.  I used my Craft Scissors from Stampin' Up! to cut the Linen Thread.  It's the very best scissors I have ever used for cutting ribbon and getting a clean edge.  A little sponging around the edges of the leaves with Chocolate Chip ink gave each leaf a little more depth and interest.  I also crinkled up the leaves a bit to give them more dimension.

What do you think?  How many different ways could you decorate these adorable bags?  The possibilities are endless . . .

Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Banner Greetings (Hostess Set 129711w, 129714c)
Paper:  Whisper White, Cajun Craze, Sweater Weather DSP (132184)
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Island Indigo
Tools:  Big Shot (113439), Paper Snips (103579), Autumn Accents Bigz Die (127812), Craft Scissors (108360)
Other:  Mini Muslin Bags (132180 Holiday), Sponge Dauber (102892)
Build a Banner Simply Created Kit (133507 Holiday)
Linen Thread (104199), cross-stitch needle, Paper Piercing Tool (126189)
Vintage Trinkets (118764), Glimmer Brads (121006), Antique Brads (117273)

No comments :

Post a Comment