~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Friday, February 7, 2014

Another Great Year in Kaleidoscope

Another Great Year is such a fun and lively stamp set.  It's perfect for all ages, male or female.  I made this card for my brother-in-law's birthday.  I thought the patterns and colors had a somewhat masculine tone.  To create the banner around the word "Birthday", I stamped the image a second time on Crushed Curry cardstock, cut out the banners, and adhered them to the white cardstock banners.  Be careful to line up the overlapping "B."  The Bermuda Bay strips at the bottom sort of "tied" it all together, and then I added a retired silver button.  Inside, I stamped the candle image, colored the candles with a blender pen and repeated the same technique I used on the front on the banner for that image.  I covered the envelope flap with the same Kaleidoscope DSP.  I always do some kind of customizing to my envelopes.  I think it really completes a handcrafted card, don't you?

Tip:  Multipurpose Liquid Tombow is the best way to adhere DSP to your envelope flaps.  Draw a thin line of glue around the very edge of the flap, then scribble a thin line through the center.  Lay your DSP on the flap lining up carefully, press and trim with your Paper Snips.  It is quick, neat and holds like iron!

This was a quick and easy card to assemble and it has lots of POP!  I did have to fussy cut around the sentiment, but it wasn't too difficult.  Then I popped it up with Dimensionals for more depth and dimension.


Supplies:
Stamp Set:  Another Great Year (Celebrate the Everyday Occasions Catalog)
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry, Whisper White, Kaleidoscope DSP
Ink:  Black Staz-On
Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer and Paper Snips
Other:  Dimensionals, Blender Pens, Retired Silver Button, Multipurpose Liquid Glue (Tombow)

No comments :

Post a Comment