~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Friday, April 25, 2014

Easter Lattice Cross

I know it's been a while since I posted a card, but I do have several lovely cards to share with you.  I haven't been keeping up with my blog well, as I have been busy making cards and preparing for the spring card sale at Messiah.  We have hundreds of cards ready to sell now on Sunday!  All the proceeds of our card sales go directly to the Benevolence Fund to help people in need.  While we have cards for sale all the time, twice a year we spread out a large display in the school Commons.  We do this in the spring and again in the fall just before Thanksgiving.

This is one of the cards I made a couple weeks ago.  I made several for Messiah and decided I liked them so much, I made them for my family members too.  This very simple card uses the Lattice Bigz Die (115958) that is retiring.  You will find it on page 192 of your Annual Catalog.  I also used our gorgeous 3/8" Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (#109070, p. 173), which is also retiring.  This ribbon is lovely as is, but also works very well when dipped in ink or colored with markers.  I will be very sad to see this ribbon go!  The sentiment is from a retired stamp.  The cute little butterfly is made from the Bitty Butterfly Punch (#129406) on page 183 of the Annual Catalog.

My color combination is Coastal Cabana, Chocolate Chip, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Whisper White.  The ink is Chocolate Chip.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of it!


No comments :

Post a Comment