~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Thankful For All Things

Fall is my favorite time of year!  I just love the crisp feel in the air and the fabulous colors, so I am always partial to fall cards.  This is one of the cards we made at Stamp Club in October.  I am totally in love with this entire set and the coordinating accessories.  In fact, I ordered everything on page 41 in the Holiday Catalog!



It was a simple technique to make the leaves look so real.  All three leaves are made from Hello Honey card stock.  They are folded where the veins would be, then sponged lightly with Soft Suede ink to bring out the creases.  The outer edges were sponged with Blackberry Bliss.  The darker leaf was sponged all over with Blackberry Bliss ink instead of using Soft Suede.  Tapping the sponge on the card stock gives you the neat color result where you can barely see Hello Honey underneath the Blackberry Bliss ink.  A Gold Basic Metal Button is the perfect accent to tie all the leaves together.

The sign was stamped with the Hardwood stamp in Hello Honey ink first, then the greeting was stamped in Blackberry Bliss.  Crystal Effects was quickly and liberally spread over the sign with a paint brush, then left to dry.  Paper Snips made the ragged edges on the Soft Suede base of the sign, and a Candy Dot created the faux nail on which the sign hangs.

Please let me know what you think with a comment below!

CASE'd from Cindy Hall at www.prettyimpact.com.


3 comments :

  1. Thanks! This was one of my favorites last fall. Hard to top it this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome.. I just ordered this stamp set on ebay, so I can' wait to try and make the leaves look a bit more realistic. Any other suggestions? Please let me know @ pjs-projects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete