~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Thursday, August 11, 2016

Baseball Birthday--Go Cards!

Here's a fun birthday card for a baseball fan!  I used a retired punch for the arrows and a circle punch (sorry don't recall what size) for the baseball with hand-drawn stitching.  Place a punched circle on the ball and use a red Sharpie to draw around the outline and carefully add the stitch arrows.  Then I pierced a hole at the end of each "stitch" for a bit of realism.  The Kraft cardstock for the "dirt" was crumbled up multiple times and sponged with Soft Suede ink.  The sentiment is from Thoughtful Banners and the matching Duet Banner Punch was used to punch it out.  I also pierced the edges of the "dirt" all the way around, but it's a bit hard to see in the photo.

I was inspired by Breelin Renwick for this card.  You can see her original card here. 

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my baseball birthday card.  Being a St. Louis Cardinals fan, of course, red is the primary focus on this card!


1 comment :