~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Magic Slider Card

Today's post shows you a magic slider card we made during one of our Saturday Skills Classes.  Magic is always fun and this card is no exception.  When closed the image appears to be a black outline on a Mint Macaron background.  When you pull the tab up to open, the image is in wonderful color and another sentiment appears!  I watched a couple different videos to learn how to make this card, then adapted them to suit how I wanted this card to work.  I didn't want the inside to come all the way out when the tab was pulled, so I created some stops near the top with Dimensionals and cut the slider part into a slightly inverted "T" so the top edges of the "T" would hit the Dimensionals and prevent it from sliding out all the way.  It worked although I feel it still needs some fine tuning.

The stamp set I used is Garden in Bloom and the papers are Mint Macaron, Island Indigo and Blooms & Bliss DSP.  I just love that Mint Macaron 5/8" Mini Striped Ribbon!  Everything is placed on a bit of an angle to create the whimsical feeling of this card.  The ribbon is even tied at an angle and secured in the back with a Glue Dot to keep it that way!

Here is the Stampin' Up! video I watched to learn how to create this card.  Magic Card by Stampin' Up!

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

Note:  Stampin' Up! products are shown in bold.


No comments :

Post a Comment