~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Monday, April 22, 2013

First Communion Card

I just love how sweet this first communion card turned out!  I made it specially for my niece on her special day.  I used the basic pattern I found from Lynn Pratt at www.stampndesign.blogspot.com.  Having difficulty cutting the little scallops, I just rounded off the sleeves and cut the front longer and straight across.  Then I used Stampin' Up! retired Eyelet Border Punch for the bottom edge and the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch for the sleeves.  I just cut the punched piece neatly in half between the dots to create the simple scallop edge on the sleeves.  I used vellum to cut the sleeve scallop and vellum adhered to the entire front of the dress before I ran the front through my big shot using a non-SU embossing folder.  I couldn't get the SU folder I wanted to use to lay just right to create the pattern I was going for on the dress, so since I was in a hurry (we had to leave in a half-hour and I still had to get ready!), I opted to use this simple scroll pattern all over the front of the dress.  The pearls on the neckline and sleeves are from Stampin' Up! as are the rhinestones that form the cross.

Tip:  Use Crystal Effects to glue vellum to cardstock and it dries perfectly clear.  It only takes a couple drops.  You will never know it's there!

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think!

....and here's the pretty little girl who received the card!


No comments :

Post a Comment