~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Thinlits Circle Card Birthday

Hello!  Today I want to share with you the very fun birthday card I made for my dad.  We celebrated his 79th birthday on Saturday, February 15.  I used the Thinlits Circle Card die, along with several other dies and punches.  I made great use of all the wonderful cutting tools Stampin' Up! has to offer!  The designer paper is Kaleidoscope from the new Celebrate The Everyday Occasions catalog.  I love how fun and bright this paper is. I paired it with Island Indigo cardstock and some bold black and white card stock.  I used Island Indigo and Staz-On Black ink.  I used a retired "Happy Birthday" sentiment.  Note the cute Strawberry Slush chevrons on the left.  These were cut out from the Thinlits Circle Card dies.  The chevrons are just one of several other fun shapes that come with the Thinlits Circle Card die.  Do you see the tiny heart on the globe?  I punched that out from the Owl Builder Punch.

I also made a custom designed envelope (not pictured) from the Kaleidoscope DSP and the Envelope Punch Board.  What a great tool that Punch Board is!

My dad was an American History teacher for 30 years and the globe is always a special symbol reminding me of him.  He had several nice globes and maps in his office at home.  I remember many evenings spent down there as he helped me study for tests and finding places on the globe.  When I saw this stamp set, it just called my name and I had to have it! So glad I got it right away, because it was only available for a limited time.

Here's a tip for lining up your images with Framelits dies.  Most Framelits have the word "Sizzix" on them.  If you place that word at the top of your stamped image it will be perfectly lined up or you may have to adjust just slightly.


Supplies:
Stamps:  Love You More (no longer available), Starburst Sayings (133185c, 133182w), Afterthoughts (retired)
Paper:  Island Indigo, Kaleidoscope DSP, Whisper White, Basic Black, Strawberry Slush
Ink:  Island Indigo, Staz-On Black
Tools:  Big Shot, Thinlits Circle Card, 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Circles Collection Framelits, Starburst Framelits, Owl Builder Punch, 1 3/8 Square Punch (retired), Squares Collection Framelits, Stampin' Trimmer, Envelope Punch Board
Other:  Dimensionals, Liquid Tombow, Glue Dots


No comments :

Post a Comment