~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Spool Card

I know it's been forever since I posted.  No excuses, just lots going on . . .
Well, here is the card I made for my aunt's 70th birthday.  She is a wonderful seamstress and crafter.  I thought this card was just perfect for her!  What do you think?

It was lots of fun to make!  I cut the width down to 3-3/4" and used the Envelope Punch Board to make the notches to created the spool.  The Chalk Marker is what made the highlights around the edges and the thread is our new Thick Baker's Twine in Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana, Baked Brown Sugar, Crisp Cantaloupe, and Pistachio Pudding.  (Tip: cover the area where you are going to put the Baker's Twine with Snail Adhesive on both sides first.  If you don't, the card will bend and not keep it's shape.)  The greeting on the front is from one of my new favorite stamp sets, Age Awareness.  The inside sentiment is from a retired stamp set.

I did not come up with the shape of the card on my own.  I CASED it from somewhere--can't remember where just now.  I hope you like it and are inspired to try your own spool card.  Please leave me a comment!


No comments :

Post a Comment