~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Butterfly Dies

This is a fun, simple card using some splashes of reinker to create color and interest.  The butterfly was cut out with the Butterflies Thinlits Dies, using Watercolor Paper.  I spritzed it with water and dripped reinker on the paper and spritzed again.  Then I put my Naturals Ivory (retiring) cardstock under my scrap with the inky mess and lightly pressed in a few spots to create the fun, color splash background.  Tip:  Place another piece of scrap between your fingers and the inky mess if you don't want purple fingers!  The stamped images are from the Butterfly Basics stamp set.  Give it a try and see what you can create!

I confess, the idea was not original.  I CASEd it from Sue Madex from Australia.  Thanks for the lovely idea, Sue!  I changed up the colors a bit and found it works best to start with the lightest color and work to the darkest.  Be more generous with your light colors and sparingly drip the dark ones if you don't want a very dark butterfly.  You can change up the colors any way you like.  When pressing the inky mess onto the cardstock, touch lightly or you will get a dark blob.  Have fun and please leave me a comment!


Ink colors used:  Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss.
Stamp Set:  Butterfly Basics
Dies:  Butterflies Thinlits

No comments :

Post a Comment