~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Halloween Owl

This is one of the cards we made at Stamp Club this month.  October is a perfect time for owls, and bats, and spooks, OH MY!

I CASED my card idea from Michelle Zindorf.  You can view her original card HERE.  Of course I changed it up a bit adding some layers, and rather than stamp the image of a tree branch and leaves, I ran a Basic Black piece of card stock through the Woodgrain Embossing Folder, then trimmed it with my scissors to create a branch.  This way my branch had some texture and dimension.  The leaves were punched out from the Bird Builder Punch and highlighted a bit with a blender pen and some Old Olive ink.  I really like the addition of the bat flying in the night sky.  The bat was really fun and easy to make.

To make the bat I used the Bitty Butterfly Punch.  I punched the butterfly out of Basic Black card stock and lightly adhered it to the edge of a scrap of Whisper White card stock.  You want to use a lighter color of card stock so you can clearly see where to punch the second time.

Then I re-inserted the butterfly into the punch so just the very bottom edge of the top wings were still showing and punched again.
The result is this cute little bat!
I didn't feel the bat had quite enough pop, so I then covered the bat with Crystal Effects and lightly sprinkled Black Stampin' Glitter into the wet Crystal Effects.  Be sure to give the Crystal Effects plenty of  time to dry.  This is the result.  I added him to the edge of the card with a double layer of glue dots to make him pop up just a bit.  The Crystal Effects gave him a nice dimension that had the appearance of a puffy sticker!
To finish off the entire card I spritzed it with Illuminate ink mixed with rubbing alcohol in a Stampin' Spritzer just before adhering the bat.  This gave the card a subtle overall shimmer.

To order supplies to make this fun Halloween card, click HERE!

Stamps:  None
Paper:  Basic Black, Summer Starfruit, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Old Olive
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Basic Black, Old Olive, Illuminate Glimmer Ink Refill (128333)
Tools:  Big Shot (113439), Chevron Embossing Folder (127749), Owl Builder Punch (118074), Bird Builder Punch (117191), Bitty Butterfly Punch (129406), Paper Snips (103579)
Other:  Stampin' Sponges (101610), Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683), Multipurpose Liquid Glue (110755), Crystal Effects (101055), Black Stampin' Glitter (132206), Stampin' Spritzer (126185), rubbing alcohol


No comments :

Post a Comment