~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Friday, May 2, 2014

Starburst Sayings Kaleidoscope Birthday!

Today I have a quick and fun card made with the Kaleidoscope Designer Series Paper that is retiring and the Starburst Sayings stamp set (133182-w, 133185-c).  Happily, the stamp set is returning in the new catalog!  I always want to call this stamp set Happy Day . . . hmmm, maybe 'cause it just gives me that "happy" feeling?  Or it could be the giant "oh, HAPPY DAY" image that is so prominent in the set.  Either way, it's a great stamp set and makes a fun birthday card.  Here, I combined it with Kaleidoscope DSP for an even greater pop!  Add a couple Candy Dots, Starburst and Circles Collection Framelits and some Dimensionals and you have a great birthday card.  On the inside I used the Itty Bitty Banners stamp set (132022-w, 126257-c) and Bitty Banners Framelits to add the birthday message.  I also used my 2 1/2" Circle Punch to give the circles a small black border.  It's a perfect fit with the Circles Collection Framelits.

The idea for this card was CASED from Susan Itell and you can see her original card Here.  I just changed the colors a bit for a more masculine look.  I saw her card a month ago and saved the image for a future CASE, because I just loved the way it popped!  Any time you are stuck for an idea for a card, think about CASEing a card you saw somewhere else.  That's how we get the creative juices flowing!  ;)

Please leave me your comments and let me know what you think of the card.




It seems that when light shines through the back of the card you can see my name stamp on the back.  Hmmm, maybe lighter ink next time.  :)

No comments :

Post a Comment