~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Monday, October 19, 2015

Winter Wonderland Mini Treat Bag

This is the birthday gift I made for my son.  He wanted arrows for his crossbow and I really didn't know what to get, so I decided to just give him some cash and he could choose what he wanted.  Well, now I had to think of a nice way to present the cash!  Then I saw a sample of a Mini Treat Bag made with the Antler Paper from the Winter Wonderland Designer Series Paper.  Bingo!  What a perfect presentation for a deer hunter!  So I got busy playing with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits and the DSP and this is my finished product.  I am really pleased with how it turned out.

I really like the effect you get with the Corrugated Paper found on Page 148 of the Annual Catalog.  It is kind of lost there, so be sure to check it out, along with all the other unique paper offerings on Pages 148-149.

The ribbon is Early Espresso Seam Binding and the Black Baker's Twine is left over from last year's Halloween Paper Pumpkin.  The cute little "for you" is a die that comes with the Mini Treat Bag Thinlit, as well as the flagged-end piece under the oval center.  Of course, I used the Ovals Framelits Dies to highlight the die cut sentiment that I sponged with Soft Suede ink for extra effect.  Inside I just created a little pouch from the Corrugated Paper to hold the money and tied it shut.  I cut the edges with the retired Angled Tag Topper Punch.  The simple Happy Birthday comes from the Guy Greetings stamp set.  A little ink sponging on the Corrugated Paper adds depth and interest to the project.

It's a perfect simple and masculine presentation for cash or a gift card.  Please leave me a comment and let me know how you like it!



No comments :

Post a Comment