~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Monday, October 5, 2015

Witches' Night

This is my truly elegant Halloween card.  The stamped images all come from Witches' Night stamp set.  Using our new Basic Black Archival Ink Pad works beautifully with these Photopolymer stamps, although I found the best way to get a really crisp image with these stamps was to ink the stamp, then placing the stamp face up on the table, put your cardstock on the stamp image and rub firmly with your hand.  It worked better than pressing the stamp down onto the cardstock, which often left me with little gaps or a blurred image from pressing too hard.

The paper used was Very Vanilla cardstock, Black Glimmer Paper, Gold Glimmer Paper, and Winter Wonderland Specialty Designer Series Paper.  I used the Lots of Labels Framelits Dies to cut out the main shapes, a 3/4" Circle Punch for the "31", and the 7/8" Scallop Circle Punch for the tiny bit of Gold Glimmer Paper that shows around it.  The crow was fussy cut out and popped up on a Dimensional.  I also used Dimensionals under the Gold Glimmer Paper that was cut out with the Lots of Labels Framelits.

The only ribbon accent is the Very Vanilla 1 1/4" Subtle Stripes Satin Ribbon.  It is oh so gorgeous and elegant!  I found the original idea for this card online, but the creator didn't label it with her watermark, so now I don't know exactly who first created it.  I did change it up a bit, though.

Please leave me your comments about this card.  I love to hear from you!


No comments :

Post a Comment