~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Remarkable You

Here is another flower card!  This simple 4 1/4" square note card showcases the Remarkable You stamp set.  The flowers and leaves in this set are just glorious!  They look like they were just sketched on the page.  You can keep them as a simple outline image or color in the images with Stampin' Write Markers, Blender Pens, or Aqua Painters.  I used Stampin' Write markers and an Aqua Painter dipped into the ink pad for this card.  Yes, I dip my Blender Pens and Aqua Painters directly into the ink pad.  I do not squish the lid to make an ink splot on the top of the lid and work from there.  I don't like how messy that gets and one time I actually cracked the top of the ink pad when I squeezed.  I find I get the same result by just touching the top of my Blender Pen or Aqua Painter on the ink pad surface.  It's less messy and I don't run the risk of cracking the top.

The colors here are Watermelon Wonder and Cucumber Crush.  The Whisper White layer is embossed with the Fluttering Embossing Folder.  I glued the leaves directly to the butterfly layer and popped up the flower with Dimensionals.

This card did have a bit of fussy cutting, but I think the result is just stunning.  I don't know if you can see clearly just how dimensional this card looks.  The picture really doesn't do it justice.  Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of it.



No comments :

Post a Comment