~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~ inspire.create.share. ~

Monday, August 24, 2015

Explosion Box Thank You

This is one of my favorite projects!  It was a thank you to my friend, Julie, for taking care of my and my daughter's cats while we were on vacation.  There were 4 kitties to care for and one needed to be given medication regularly.  She truly went out of her way to give them love and attention while we were gone, so I needed a very special way to say "thank you."

Here it is:  A box/gift card holder that packs quite an impact!

I used Me = Grateful, One Big Meaning, Friendly Wishes, and B.Y.O.P stamp sets for the sentiments.   The sentiment on top was cut out using Lots of Labels Framelits.  I also used Watercolor Wings, Birthday Blossoms, and Petite Petals stamp sets for the butterflies and flowers and punched out the flowers with the matching Petite Petals Punch.  There is one butterfly on each side of the box.  The butterflies were cut out using the Bold Butterfly Framelits and Butterflies Thinlits.  I used the new Fine-Tip Glue Pen (available September 1, 2015) to adhere the black butterfly detail to the stamped image.  Such a great adhesive!

Note:  When you first get it, you will have to screw off the black cap to remove the seal before using.  Replace the black cap and unscrew the white cap to dispense the glue.  Don't squeeze hard or you will have a big blob of glue!  Hee hee, ask me how I know??  ;)  When you are finished using it, carefully line up the long pin in the cap with the pin applicator to close it.  This should prevent the glue clog that is often the problem with liquid adhesives.

The paper for the box and lid is from Color Me Irresistible Specialty Designer Series Paper.  That paper is oh, so beautiful with colored embossed images!  It also has white on white embossed images.  Other paper used was Whisper White and Bermuda Bay cardstock.  A Bermuda Bay Stampin' Write Marker colored in a few words for more colorful impact.

Please leave me a comment and let me know what you think of my creation!




No comments :

Post a Comment